How to choose the best lighting for your greenhouse or property
1. Type of greenhouse — Before purchasing greenhouse lighting, make sure you understand what type of greenhouse you have. Is it a commercial or personal greenhouse? It is important to know what type of greenhouse you have before choosing the right lighting. You should make sure that the lighting you choose is able to withstand the humid and adverse conditions common in commercial greenhouses. Make sure you research your options before purchasing. You need to see a company that sells high quality aluminum posts and commercial lighting applications, manufactured in the USA, of course at the MGM Transformer Company
2. Length Of Use — The time that the greenhouses are lit is measured in “photoperiods” which can vary depending on the length of the use. Lighting may be used for 12 hours. This means that in a 24 hour cycle, the lighting will be used 12 hours per day and 12 hours with no lights. It is essential to choose the right light for your usage. Before making any purchases, it is important to understand your specific needs.
3. Your purpose — Purchase a light that focuses on your desired outcomes. A light that emphasizes the “spectrum colours” such as red, blue, or far-red wavelengths is better if you’re trying to stimulate the growth of orchids. The lighting color can have a profound effect on the growth of plants. All light is not created equal. Get advice from experts before you purchase.
4. Electrical efficiency — Look for lighting products with the highest quality without compromising their energy consumption. It is best to choose lights that are energy-efficient and conserve as little as possible. You should ensure that the lighting you purchase meets your requirements for electrical efficiency.
5. Heat — It is important to remember that lighting should only ever be used where it is required. Light that emits more heat than it releases can cause severe damage. A plant that is exposed to too much heat can die. It is not a good idea for a plant to be lit by an incandescent bulb. This produces too much heat. Before purchasing, be sure to know how much heat each option produces.
Lighting is crucial to a plant’s development. You need to be careful about the light that you put in your greenhouse to get the plant growth you desire.