NYSACC activities include:
- Speaking with a united voice in matters of environmental planning and protection, by encouraging and supporting sound environmental policies and actions locally and throughout New York State.
- Promoting the formation of conservation commissions in all parts of the state.
- Interacting with regional, state and interstate governmental entities.
- Sponsoring an annual conference, and regional workshops to assist commissions and councils in their work and to provide an opportunity for networking.
- Publishing an online newsletter which contains reports of commission activities, problems throughout the state, and discussion of pending legislation which is of significance to conservationists.
- Providing a clearinghouse, through the newsletter, for the exchange of ideas and information among commissions and councils.
- Developing materials to aid commissions.
- Recognizing the achievements of local CACs and individual commission members through annual awards.